Monday, July 22, 2019




Be impeccable with your words because they will change your future.

As much as we try to apologize, as much as we try to back pedal, the words we speak imprint on the people we speak them to. That also rings true for the words we speak to ourselves.

If your best friend showed up to the beach wearing a bikini would you say things like, “I can’t believe you’re wearing that? Look at your stretch marks! Your thighs are huge!”

Well you could, but I guarantee they won’t be your friend for long, but I’m willing to bet that you don’t. You accept them for the body they live in. So why don't you do it for yourself?

I spent years avoiding things like bathing suits, social gatherings, and pictures because I couldn’t accept the skin I was in. It’s so much easier to overlook the negative things we say to ourselves versus the negative things people say about us even though it should be our feelings that matter the most.

For a long time I was hung up on the things people would say to me or about me. I have had comments made about the food I was eating, the clothes I was wearing, and my body by not only people I knew, but by absolute strangers (and that hurt more, you don’t even know me but you feel entitled to make a negative comment about my body???). I hung onto those words for years. Meanwhile, I could say those same things about myself on the regular and overlook it. No one ever bullied me worse than I bullied myself.

Messed up, right? Yep, until I made a conscious effort to turn that around and now the positivity just flows and the self-love feels glorious.

Try looking in the mirror and talking to yourself as though you were talking to someone who you truly care about. You will find a much kinder, gentler, and accepting person in the reflection.

You’re nobody till somebody loves you? Take a hike Dean Martin.

Once you learn to love yourself, you become unstoppable, you become bulletproof, you become beautiful.

Happy Motivational Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment