Saturday, July 20, 2019

Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought to yourself, 'damn, I look as sexy as chocolate cake."

No? Well you should, and here's why.

Let's start from the beginning, in a nutshell of course.

I have struggled with negative body image, self destructive eating disorders, and a general hatred for everything down to my eye color for as long as I can remember.  I have put my physical and emotional health at risk by trying to fit my square peg into the world's round hole.

Then life started the change. I started to change. I woke up one day and was just done. I was done conforming to the image I thought I needed to be. I started building the life that I truly deserve to be happy. Ever since that day my life has been different. 

Where did I find myself? Moving home with my parents at thirty-four years old with my two kids and my dog. I am an only child and a first generation American on my father's side. Just picture it, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Italian style. Yep, that's my life. And I've never been happier.

It's funny how a little thing like happiness can change a big thing like life.

Ever since I changed my mindset, all of my stars have started to align. 

Mind you, I have moments when I let fear of the unknown creep back in, but my amazing Vibe Tribe (the best friends on the planet) are always there to get me through and they empower me to do the same for others. 

Let's get back to the body part, since that's what got this party started.

I started working with a health coach (who is now one of my best friends) about five years ago. Yes, it took four years and six months for it to really sink in, but that's okay because I had to get there on my own terms. 

I went from waking up every day, staring in the mirror and picking my body apart, to waking up every day, staring into the mirror amazed at what my strong, curvy, beautiful body is able to accomplish. 

That doesn't just come from food and exercise though. That comes from general happiness on all fronts and that is what this blog is all about. 

It's about finding your sexy, in your soul, your body, and your chocolate cake. 

Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment